Monday, April 29, 2013

Well That Was Easy

 
  
The best laid schemes of mice and men often go awry…and it happens quite often! So for those multitudinous minor disasters here are a few fixes:
 
There have been many a time when I’ve planned out the outfit right down the accessories (in my mind…) but when I go to put it all together I discover that my bag has a unsightly mystery stain or my jeans have a rip I never noticed (and of course it would be my favorite pair). What is a girl to do?!
 
 
Luckily there are many ways to fix up what may seem like a disaster! Fabric stores and craft stores are excellent places to be acquainted with. Rather than tossing out those ripped jeans you can pick out a lacy fabric or whatever suits your fancy and sew it on underneath, this makes for a nice little twist and now makes your jeans one of a kind. Another fun reason to be familiar with your local craft stores is DIY nails, instead of hunting around for templates you can reuse craft scissors to cut fun patterns out of scotch tape to use as a guide instead.
 
 
All Photo Credit: Google Images
 
Most shoe repair shops offer handbag repairs such as a broken strap and such so it’s never a bad idea to take note of the services your cobbler offers the next time you take in your boots to be re-heeled. There are also places to go to that will clean up and restore you beloved bag to brand spanking new close if not looking like the day you first bought it.
For my fellow Vancouverites a good place to check out is Breeze Bag and Shoe Cleaner 8766 McKim Way Ste 1304 in Richmond another great place is Leslie’s Luggage and Handbag Repair 185 Broadway W in Vancouver.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment