Friday, April 05, 2013

Put Your Back Into It

We often hear the term cleansing your aura, meaning that there is too much crap (for a lack of a better word) in your life and you need to take a moment, maybe sit down and prioritize the chaos. Now I can apply that to my closet, sometimes I can stare at it for longer than I care to in order to reach total zen or I find myself frustrated looking for that sweater I SWORE I put behind that other sweater but it somehow magically grew legs and wondered far far away.
 
As spring comes upon us, spring cleaning also comes to mind. It’s time to rotate the closet or dig up the pieces that we haven’t worn in years but still believe that one day it will come back in style. But let’s face it, we can’t hold on to the worn down, out of style or ill-fitting piece any longer. Besides why would you turn down the idea of out with the old and in with the new?

Vintage clutches + Italian vintage cross body
A little check list of pieces that are worth keeping no matter how long they have been sitting there begging for your attention (quick breath). The qualifications for these are:
 
1. Well-made pieces, ones that you cannot only fit still but may even be able to pass it down to someone else
2. Classic tailoring and detailing; pieces that never go out of style
3. Basics that are not discoloured, worn down, hole-y or stretched out
4. Potential DIY pieces, a little nip and tuck and the piece will shine brighter than it ever did and the best part? You can say you “made” it
 
So what has your closet been hiding?
 
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment